Summary of Duties:
The President-Elect primarily uses his / her term in preparation for the Presidency and may at times function as President.
- Assumes the duties of the President in the event of the President’s absence, resignation, or disability.
- Works with the Webmaster to maintain and oversee the Society’s website.
- Prepares the annual budget, with the assistance of the Budget and Audit Committee and submits the budget for approval at the fall meeting of the Board of Directors.
- Oversees the elections process.
- Must be an active member of the AARC
- Must have served on the Board of Directors for at least two years within the past six years.
- Must have demonstrated timely and effective communication skills and the resources to maintain them.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to appropriately conduct a business meeting.
- Must project a professional image that is reflective of the Society.
- Must be able to analyze and respond to a wide variety of situations and matters.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Society’s Mission and policies.
- Must the knowledgeable of the duties of the various committees of the Society.
- Must have demonstrated effective leadership skills through the development, execution, monitoring, and follow-up of multiple projects.
- Should have a history of active participation in his / her region or in another chartered affiliate.
- Should have served on one or more NYSSRC committees. Preferably should have served as chair of one or more NYSSRC committees.
- Should have prior experience on the Executive Committee of the Society.