Want to get involved in NYSSRC?
Nominations are open for the following Board and Regional Office positions. When making your nomination, please include contact information (email or phone number) for the nominee.
Positions in the NYSSRC
- Vice President
- CNY Region: 1 director
- Hudson Valley Region: 1 director
- Long Island Region: 1 director
- Northeast Region: 1 director
- NYC Region: 1 director
- Western NY Region: 1 director
Section 2. Nominations
- Only active members in good standing shall be eligible for nomination.
The Nominations Committee shall provide a pertinent biographical sketch of each nominee’s professional activities and services to the organization, all of which shall be part of the ballot. The officially approved policies and procedures of the AARC and NYSSRC state that 2 of the offices have minimum requirements for nomination as follows.
- Must be an active member of the AARC.
- Must have served as a member of the NYSSRC Board of Directors for at least four of the six years preceding election to the Delegate position.
AARC Membership Classifications state:
Active Members are those practitioners actively involved in the respiratory care profession. An individual is eligible if he/she lives in the U.S. or its territories, and meets ONE of the following criteria:
- is legally credentialed as a respiratory care professional if employed in a state that mandates such, OR
- is a graduate of an accredited educational program in respiratory care, OR
- holds a credential issued by the NBRC.
Voting privileges, full membership benefits, and the ability to hold office are extended to all Active Members.
AARC members may view the AARC membership classifications and NYSSRC By-Laws on the AARC website at www.aarc.org or NYSSRC website. On the AARC website go to members services tab on the left and scroll down to membership classifications or Bylaws. On the NYSSRC website, login and go to community tab and click Bylaws.
Vice President primarily provides assistance to the President.
- Assumes the duties of the President-Elect in the event of the President-Elect’s absence, resignation, or disability.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes the Society calendar of events on a regular and timely basis.
Treasurer has charge of all funds and securities of the Society.
- Endorses checks, notes, or other orders for payment of bills.
- Disburses funds as authorized by the Board of Directors and/or in accordance with the approved budget.
- Deposits funds as the Board of Directors may designate.
- Is responsible, with the President, for disbursement of all Society funds.
- Prepares and submits reports of society income and expense for review by the Board of Directors at each meeting.
- Maintains society accounts for review by external audit.
- Assists the President-Elect with preparation of the annual budget.
Secretary maintains all society records and correspondence.
- Keeps the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings, regular business meetings, and the annual business meeting.
- Executes the general correspondence of the society.
- Maintains policy and procedure manual.
Delegates represent the Society at the House of Delegates meetings.
- The duties of the delegate are as specified by the bylaws of the AARC and the policies and procedures of the House of Delegates.
- Must have served as a member of the Board of Directors for at least four of the six years preceding election to the Delegate position.