How to apply for a New York State Respiratory Therapist or Technician License

There are 2 different licenses for Respiratory Care Practitioners: Therapist and Technician. The Office of Professions website contains all the links related to obtaining a licensing in New York. On the site you will find license applications, the actual practice act and all laws related and referenced to the practice Continue Reading →

NYS Education Dept – Health Care Services in Sleep Laboratories

This memorandum is provided in response to many inquiries seeking clarification from the State Education Department about the role of licensed respiratory therapy practitioners and non-licensed persons in providing health care services in sleep laboratories across the State.