Attention ALL NYS RT’s,
The AARC, NYDART and the NYSSRC are proud to announce the RT NYS license plates will be available on August 4. Please do not attempt to call or order the plates any earlier than August 4… the DMV will not be able to assist you before that date.
Let’s Get Plated
- The NYS RT license plates were requested by several of the NYS RT’s.
- The NYSSRC did a poll to all members through AARC connect, and we found a great interest.
- The NYS customized plates require a bond of $6000 for creating the plates. This bond will be released if 200 plates are sold within a 24-month period.
- The AARC offered to front the bond money of $6000.
- The NYSSRC BOD and the NYDART both agreed (through a contract with the AARC) to cut the costs of the $6000 (equally) if the plates don’t sell.
- The AARC’s graphics / marketing department created the logo for our plates… and approved by NYSSRC BOD and NYDART.
- The AARC submitted the application and designed plates to NYS DMV.
- The AARC has been the point person for our application and submission.
- The plate design was approved from the NYS DMV… and will be available starting August 4, 2021.
- The complete process took about 6 months!
A huge thank you must go out to the following:
- Sherry Tooley, AARC President
- Felix Khusid, NYDART
- Thomas R. Harvie representing the NYSSRC BOD
- And especially to Jena Weeter, AARC Board of Directors Liaison/Board of Medical Advisors Liaison. If it weren’t for Jena orchestrating all of this… it would have such a bigger challenge!
How to Order:
The NYSSRC/NYDART/AARC plate is available at any DMV office, on the web, by mail or through the DMV Custom Plates Unit. You can call the unit at (518) 402-4838, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., or visit online at: http://dmv.ny.gov/cplates.htm.
|Document, Plate & Annual Fee:||$60||$60|
|Total Initial Fee:||$60||$91.25|
International Symbol of Access:
The NYSSRC, NYDART and AARC American Association of Respiratory Care plate is also available with the International Symbol of Access (ISA) on it for any registrant with a disability who qualifies for such a plate. Any individual qualifying for an ISA must contact the Custom Plates Unit at (518) 402-4838 before submitting his/her application. All questions about this plate should be directed to the NYS DMV custom plate unit 518-402-4838.
The only groups that have collaborated on creating the plates were the AARC, NYDART and the NYSSRC.
AND finally… PLEASE help us get to the 200 plates in 24 months.
Tell your friends…share this notice… share the poster with everyone you know.