How to apply for a New York State Respiratory Therapist or Technician License

There are 2 different licenses for Respiratory Care Practitioners: Therapist and Technician.

The Office of Professions website contains all the links related to obtaining a licensing in New York. On the site you will find license applications, the actual practice act and all laws related and referenced to the practice act, as well as the composite of the Respiratory Therapy Board. There is a tab for questions and answers related to continuing education and consumer information.

To request an application by mail, contact:

NY State Education Department
Office of the Professions
Division of Professional Licensing Services
Respiratory Therapy Unit
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12234-1000

Tel: 518-474-3817, ext. 270 (voice) or 518-402-5354 (fax)

Website: Office of the Professions